While Synergy Psychology Group does not participate in-network with insurance carriers we do understand the impact today's economic climate has on individuals and families. As such, the group prides themselves on working with clients to make services affordable. We do our best to assist clients in using out-of-network insurance benefits when applicable (see Utilizing Out-Of-Network section below for more information.)
Costs of services vary depending on the type of service and the particular provider. Psychotherapy rates range from $125 to $175 per session. Fees for psychological testing, groups, workshops and consultation vary significantly and reflect the specific service tailored to meet the needs of the client. Synergy providers have the flexibility to work with clients to individualize plans for payment.
Forms of Payment
Payments are expected at the time services are rendered. Synergy Psychology Group accepts multiple forms of payment including: credit cards, check, and cash payments.
Utilizing Out-Of-Network Insurance
If you would like to utilize your insurance coverage then you might have an option of using out-of-network benefits. While payment is still required in full at the time of service, clients can use their out-of-network benefits to seek reimbursement. To find out if you have out-of-network benefits you can contact your specific insurance company and ask about your out-of-network coverage for behavioral health or mental health services. Typically, insurance plans have a deductible you need to meet in order to be eligible to use out-of-network benefits. Once the deductible is met there is commonly a co-insurance or co-payment required per service. Synergy will provide you with all the necessary paperwork to submit to your insurance for reimbursement and in some cases Synergy can directly submit out-of-network forms for you. See below for useful questions to ask your insurance company.
Useful Questions to Ask Your Insurance Carrier about Out-Of-Network Benefits:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do I have "out-of-network" benefits?
- How does out-of-network coverage work?
- Do I have a deductible and if so what is it, has it been met?
- What is my co-insurance responsibility once the deductible has been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Are their restrictions on the type of services that are covered?
- Does my plan allow me to have more than one 50-minute session in a day?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- How do I submit invoices/claims for reimbursement?